Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Life Post Caleb

As you can imagine, Life Post Caleb is hard.  Dan and I miss our son with a grief that goes beyond all explanation.  The loss of a child is indescribable,unbelievable, and messes with all that we know to be true.  No parent is supposed to out live their child.  EVER

Yet we are being forced to accept an awful truth that will not change.  Our son is gone and is not coming back.  Yes he is in a much better place, he is in no pain, and I know that I will see him again.  My faith allows me that much.  But that does not always dull the insurmountable grief that sweeps over me when I least expect it.

My Husband keeps it all inside, he doesn't talk.  Some days I do not know how he continues on.  He has his outlets and I have mine.  I go to Perinatal Loss Support Group.  I have made some amazing friends under the saddest of circumstances. 
Dan goes to Karate and Boy Scouts ( he is a leader ) to release his stress. 

We both go to work, which can be hard on us both.  He works in a Hospital facility where he has had to face deceased children and infants before and after our ordeal.  In the insurance industry I am always talking to happy pregnant women who want to know their benefits for maternity.  There are constant reminders of what we had and can not have again.

No comments:

Post a Comment