Friday, February 10, 2012

Cautiously Optimistic

Hello everyone !

Last night Dan and I went to Adoption Star for our open House. 
First off I can't say more than enough wonderful things about the agency !!
They are soooo friendly, so helpful, there is a lot of educational information and help at every turn.

We also made some friends there ! A family that adopted in Nov 2011 came to tell their experience and I felt like it was a sign.  They reminded me so much of Dan and I.  They were funny, warm and open about the entire process.  The ironic thing is their little adopted boy named Nick has a Kidney issue...... who needed a better sign than that ?
I felt like I was home, like I had found the place that I wanted to make my forever family. 

So the Process in General goes as such :
1. Open House with Agency ( intake paperwork )
2. Initial Consultation
3. Complete required Documentation ( lots of it )
- ex: referrals, medical, financial papers, Make a profile
4.  Take educational Classes
5. Home Study
6. Wait to be Matched
7. Placement
8. Finalization -- This is more legal with the courts


After hearing all that lie ahead I am all ready to jump on board, Dan and I submitted our initial paperwork required showing that we were interested. We have our consultation on 2/21/2012.  We are very excited to get the process moving !

What do ya'll think ??
I would love to hear from you guys

3 comments:

  1. I am really excited for you guys and hope that this process is as quick and easy as you need it to be. I cant wait to see what happens down the road with your adoption journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! I cant wait to see where this takes us also !

      Delete
  2. Jamie--I am really excited for you and your husband. I wish you so much luck and happiness through all of this, although it seems like your big heart and open mind are paving the way for you. You are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete