Tuesday, March 6, 2012

So Tired

So I was so Tired yesterday that I left my house Keys in my door Overnight  !
BIG OOPS !!!
Thanks to all my honest neighbors for not stealing my car or breaking into my house!

I don't know why Monday's can do that do us.  But this is going to be a busy week for me with school and work, and my looming medical issues etc.....

I feel so drained lately. 
Good news is that I was able to add more money to the adoption pot !
Got some more money saved.  We have a long way to go though, I'm sure people do not know or are afraid to ask but adoption is expensive.
Unless you foster to adopt ( which is free-ish)
But we want to raise a child start to finish and fostering the point is to reunite families and We do not want a child to come into our home, fall in love with it, and send it on its way.

So Domestic adoption is usually less expensive than international adoption due to travel expenses.
Private adoption can be less expensive than Domestic ( in case anyone knows anyone --- were looking ...... LOL )
Ah. If only it were that easy

But the point is its expensive,  like buying an SUV with cash all at one time.
Not a used one.  But it is all worth it in the end.
To see that miracle that someone carried into the world for us, that gift that we cant give ourselves.  That's the end goal that makes it all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Our Family Services (foster care) has an adoption track that places infants from the hospital, for example in a Safe Haven case where a baby was dropped off and left at the hospital. They also have some infant placements that aren't newborns. My husband and I wanted a child less than 6-9 months to avoid reactive attachment disorder but knew our chances of placing soon at a domestic agency were low so we started the free process at Family Services too and were finishing up our classes when we got called from Adoption By Choice that we'd been chosen. Also, we had a failed private adoption. We considered listing an ad online and in the newspaper. Have you thought about that at all? Last question :)...do you know anyone who adopted through Adoption Star?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know a lot about listing an ad online but it scares me a little, like its advertising for a baby. I have not been able to find any guidance into it. Yes we have met a couple that adopted through Adoption Star, they are wonderful and they have been helping us along the way with questions, and what the "real" time and amounts of money are etc......
    We almost feel instantly bonded, like we were meant to meet each other. Its been an amzing friendship so far.

    ReplyDelete