Thursday, March 15, 2012

Good Days, Sunshine

I feel like a kid.  Its sunny out and my first instinct is to go outside and play !
I want to go outside into the sun.  Hmmmmm I hate being an adult.

Well on that note, my day has not been that exciting.
I had some labs this morning before work, I am now working.

My Best friends bought a new Van today ! Very exciting for them !
I am so looking forward to the weekend.

Going to the Buffalo Zoo for the first time in probably 10 years easy.......
With my Best friends who just bought the van and their children. 
Its going to be Sunny and Beautiful and warm and fun !

Saturday night we have Dan's Grandmothers 89th B-day party !
OMG !! That's quite the accomplishment. It is important that we go, but it makes me realize that I hope she will be around for at least one of our adopted children. 

Our Adoption Agency Adoption Star released their 2011 statistics today
They placed 57 babies in 2011 ( so approx a little over 1 per week )
They placed 68.4 % healthy Babies and 31.6 % were considered at risk for special needs ( birth parents could have been drug exposed or mental illness background)
31 Boys
26 Girls
They mostly paced Caucasian babies , then African and Biracial, and lastly Other ( Indian, Asian, etc..... )
Average wait time in 2011 was 8.1 months

This gives me such hope ! I am smiling from ear to ear !

1 comment:

  1. I am happy for you, what great statistics! So.. Question for you - are you set on a boy or girl? What about disabilities, obviously we know that in *some* children (as in mine) a disability (depending on what it is) doesn't show up until months after birth. Are you set on healthy baby or are you open to those at risk as well? Just curious, and of course I wont' judge either way!

    ReplyDelete