Thursday, May 31, 2012

2 Weeks Post Op

Well you would think since I am off from work recuperating that I would have all of this free time to Blog.  Ha ha
Not so much.......
There is alot going on in my life right now.  So lets get to it !

First and foremost.... I am two weeks post op today !! And I am down 31 pounds !!!
HOLY HELL BATMAN !!
Its unreal to me that the weight is falling off of me and I do not even realize it.
Granted I am eating ALOT less, mostly eating mushy foods like Cream of Wheat, soup and
drinking things like tea, coffee, lemonade ( sugar free ) and water !!

But for someone who has never been skinny this is quite a surprise to me.
Again, I would never have done the VSG unless my health was at risk, but it is nice to see
a drastic improvement in my health so early on.
Its a GREAT motivator !!
Things I have also learned :

1.  I cant eat too much too quick or else ( don't ask or else what )
2. I still have to sip my drinks, no gulping or I will burp forever or feel like I have a boulder on my chest
3.  I don't miss most foods like I thought I would
4. Fast food= No interest !!


What else ??
Oh yes, we have had out first of two visits with our Social Worker for the adoption.  Her name is Linley and shes great ! We have our last visit on Monday and then we will "wait to be matched" to a birth mom !!

Dan and I are so excited, and my BFF Katie helped me paint the soon to be nursery and get it ready.
Its starting to look so good !!




There is also some Bad/Sad News.  Dans Grandma is very sick.  She has had a few hospital admissions in the last few months but she has been in now since Friday 5/25 and it does not look good that she will be recovering or going home.  She is 89, and very weak.  She is took weak for any exploratory services to be done to find the root cause of her problems.  So they are trying to make her comfortable in her final days, but we do not know how long that is going to be.  It is hard for me to watch her be in pain, or have trouble breathing, but much harder to watch my husband be in pain.  I lost most of my grandparents when I was younger.  ( 12, 13, and then when I was 21. ) So I have not had to have a loss like this for some time.  Losing Caleb was excrutiating, but different that this.  How do you say goodbye to someone who has been there for 34 years of your life ? Like my husbands Grandmother has been for him ? I am just supportive in this trying time.  But Its hard all around

No comments:

Post a Comment