Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Shenanigans

You would think a weekend without my husband would be quiet and drama free.
HA !!! Not so much. 

My Loving husband broke our BRAND NEW lawnmower after one use ( on the first use ) by bending the blade.  Please do not ask me how, I still do not know. 
So a week goes by and our backyard starts to look trashy at best.
This will not do ! I hint to Dan " are you going to mow the lawn ? " He says " he has to get the mower repaired" I ask again ...... "when will you do this ? " He says Sunday. 
This is Thursday and he is going out of town for the weekend.  So all I know is that the two nicest days of the weekend he will be out of town.

So I decide that I am going to get the mower fixed, and mow the lawn for Dan as a surprise !! Right ?? Great idea ?!
So I thought........

I talked to my brother who advised me to get a new blade at Walmart for 20.00
And then all I needed to do was bring the mower to him Sunday morning and he would put it on for me.  Well.......

I go to Walmart at 10pm on Sat to get the blade,  the "young man" working at Walmart at 10pm decides he wants to try to pick me up by telling me that he went to the gym and hes all sore.  O.M.G.  -- Gross
I ask the young man to point me to the Lawnmower blades, and he proceeds to tell me that there are too many for me to choose from. Thankfully my brother told me it was a 22 inch blade. 

I got my blade and got out of Dodge ! Then I get home and attempt to lift the mower into my Escape ( remember all of the wonderful things that got moved in my car this week ?? ) As I go to lift the mower up I realize its way to heavy for someone of my stature and I almost drop it on my toe !! Instead I dump it towards me and the gas starts spilling out of the gas cap !! All over my shirt, all in my car.  Oh the smell is awful !!

Long story short, my brother fixed the blade and I mowed the lawn Sunday morning.  Got a hell of a sunburn and spent prob 65.00 at Delta sonic on Gas, Car Wash, and Interior car shampooing to clean out the Gas smell.  Which is still lingering.
Whew........ Kinda glad its Monday !!

No comments:

Post a Comment