Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Patio Set

So Dan and I went looking for a Patio Set this weekend.
Found one we liked at Kmart.  Priced it out, sat in it, loved it.
Decided we would put it on lawaway since we couldnt fit it in our Escape.

We get back to Layaway, wait 25 minutes in Line to find out they have he table and Umbrella, but no chairs.  And no idea when chairs would be sent to them.  Ok,scratch that idea.  What a colossal waste of time !!

Move on to Sunday, me by myself shopping at Target for small painbrushes.  I wanted to put some sample colors on the wall of what is going to be the "new nursery"
I wonder bck to Patio Furniture and find an amazing set on sale !!

Table - $99.00
4 chairs - 199.00
2 Captains Chairs - 99.00
Umbrella - 99.99

Becautiful set....... First time nice lawn furniture purchase

So of course, I drive an Escape.  I buy the stuff and they wheel it up to Service
Keep in Mind I came in for paint Brushes ( that they did not have )
I stop to buy popcorn and Starbucks while I wait........

And the set is in 3 LARGE boxes........
1 for the table
1 for the 4 chairs
1 for the 2 chairs
Oh and the Umbrella...... OMG !

What was I thinking ?? And as they foolishly attempt to take it to my Escape ( ha ha )
It starts to rain, so now I am soaked, have one box that fits with the umbrella and I say, Ok can I come right back for this ( since I am like a 10 min drive away )

Um no..... Target Policy is that they can not hold Paid Merchandise. ( REALLY ?? WTF ??? ) I am tried, cold, wet and angry !!

I am so beat down emotionally, so I call my Mother in Law who graciously agrees to meet me back at Target in a Half an hour.  They return my 2 boxes on a Gift card and hold them at the desk. I drive home to unload, turn around and go right back to get the rest.  WHEW !!!!

Its not set up yet, but it is a nice set.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously!! I can't believe they wouldn't hold it so you could come back for it, that is just stupid! Glad you got it though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks really nice! Crazy story though!

    ReplyDelete