Wednesday, May 23, 2012

1st Post Op Appt

Well I went to the Dr yesterday for my first post op appointment !
Some very good things came out of that for me. 
I am alive, I feel generally well for the most part, and even though I feel like a giant gas bubble I am still happy with my decision. 

The Dr's are very happy with my incisions healing ( I think they look gross )
They cleared me to drive ( I'm in no hurry to go anywhere at the moment)
I still am on a no heavy lifting or bending for 4 weeks restriction
No tubs or swimming until I go back to work ( anticipated date 6/11/2012 barring any life altering issues)

I feel very weird, having to sip my liquids VERY slow is hard for me
If I do not I burp everything back up painfully ( or it just comes back up -- gross I know )
I was carefully upgraded to pureed foods yesterday as well
Let me tell you 3 tablespoons of Mashed Potato flakes never tasted so DAM GOOD in my life !!
Hot tea agrees with me as well.
I tested cream of wheat this morning, 1 packet took me an hour and a half to eat ( but eh who's counting )
And I just had some very blenderized egg salad. ( about 2 tablespoons )
So Far so Good !

It feels good to get some Real Protein into me cause I have developed an aversion to my Protein shakes right now.  They do not go down so good, and don't taste so hot. 
I hope that changes in time.  The focus is fluids, protein, and exercise.


I have also walked around my block the last two days, but it does wind me a little.  I just thing I do not have the energy being on liquids only. 

But Charley keeps me company, and I have PLENTY of school work to do !!
Having said all of that....... I wouldn't have done this if I thought I had another option, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you are sure you can do it.
Its not easy, comfortable, or something to be taken lightly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment