Monday, June 25, 2012

5 Weeks Post OP

Sunday was 5 weeks Post OP !!

I am down a total of 45 pounds now.  And its still freaking crazy to me.  It blows my mind.  I have a follow up appointment with the surgeon Friday, so they can check my progress.  But I am finally starting to believe that I am going to be a healthier person. 

Granted when people tell me that they are proud of me I tell them not to be, I had to cut out 2/3 of my stomach.  Please do not be proud of that !  It was so extreme,  nothing else I was doing was working.  I had to be forced.  But it clearly was for the better !!
I feel better, look better, my BP is back down to normal, hopefully at all my follow up appts this summer I can get off some meds !!

But the way I feel has changed.  I actually wore a skirt and shirt to church Sat because I felt like it looked good, not because I was required too.  I haven't dressed up EVER just because it felt nice. 
This is how I know that things are really changing.  Again, my rings are looser, and yes my towel fits around my body now.  But this was a big one for me.  I am so used to buying big beautiful clothes because when I was 16, it was NOT socially acceptable to be FAT.  Fashion Bug carried Moo Moos. 
Now you have Layne Bryant, Torrid, Fashion Bug with better clothes, Catherine's.  Even Prom Dresses and wedding dresses go to size 32.  My mom had my Prom dresses made for me in 1996 because a size 16 was no where to be found in JCPennys or Macy's etc......

Don't get me wrong, I am not converting to a " oh it feels so good to be skinny girl" I am far from there.  But society makes it OK to be heavy, and ULTRA heavy at that, cause I was.  But I am starting to realize that for me, sometimes its better to be healthy, and still a little heavy. 

So I am getting off my soap box. 

So here are some before and after pics, my surgery date was 5/17/2012.  The before pics are from April 2012.  The after is from This weekend 6/23/2012.


                                                                                 April 6th
                                                                          April 1st
                                                                       June 23rd

1 comment: