Tuesday, July 3, 2012

6/7 Weeks Post OP !

Well I have been very busy with work, school etc..... so I apologize this is late/early depending on the week you interpret this from.

Weeks 6/7 haven't been that different.  I at about the same place.  Down 45 pounds.  I'm "stuck" I guess.  Which is an ok thing, since I was just cleared for all types of exercise on 6/29/2012.  So once I become more physically fit, I will start to eat more and the weight will come off more.

I had my follow up appt on 6/29/2012.
I am down 16% my excess body weight.
My BP is significantly lower ( reading are 117/79, 119/81 ) Vs the old me 45 pounds ago was easily 145/94 or 156/92 and that was with BP meds.

My Kidney Dr has decided to take me off my BP meds !! ( Very Cool )
Since I have been on them since I was pregnant last year ( 3/2011 )
So I am off Diovan, & Labatelol

I have developed a touch of acid reflux/heartburn issues, but this is a normal Sleeve side effect.  Also the Dr's state that my pouch could still be swollen.  So I am on generic Prilosec ( omeprazole ) but if that is the worse that will come of this so be it.  The pills are like wonder drugs, as long as I take them I feel fine.

Since I have been cleared for exercise I bought a Bike.  An Old Lady bike from Bert's ( its purple and called a Townie ) I feel old !!! but I like it, now I just need to find time to ride it. 

1 comment:

  1. Horray for being off the BP meds!! That alone is a HUGE step! Nice reads too. wahoo!

    ReplyDelete