Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Post Op 3 months Out

This is by far my favorite blog to write.
So much has changed in my health since my surgery in May 2012.

I am down a grand total of 53.5 pounds
I am off ALL BLOOD PRESSURE Meds !!! ( this alone is a HUGE accomplishment )
My Kidneys have made a dramatic turn around in 6 Months my protein in my urine dropped from 1261.00 Mcg to 697 and I was called today by my PCP that from 7/29/2012 to today my Protein dropped again to 225 mcg.
Its amazing the power of weight loss ( and Losartan )

I feel good, I look better than I ever had. 
But I  didn't realize all that I was missing.

The best part for me other than the Bp/Kidney changes are the fact that I have been "shopping" in my closet.  I have been wearing more skirts, dresses and shirts from two plus years ago because I can !! I forgot that I had them, and they fit well !!

There is nothing like hearing you look good.  Don't get me wrong, I have so much more to lose, at least another 60 pounds, but this is such an awesome start, I will NEVER go back. 

Even my Kidney Dr told me that I could start having kids in a year or two based on these results, but I have decided that Its not worth losing my kidneys, or health just to say that the baby is "mine"

Once you adopt a baby it's yours for life.  So I did not see the need for any change.  I do not want to jeopardize my future health or bury another child because I thought I had a chance.  Safe and healthy is the new way for me.


Heres a Pic In case you havent seen it :

2010 Vs 2012
Same Dress
Same Me
Down 50 plus pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment